Smartphone became the essential gadget for everyone. Some people need their phone to work when it’s raining and or in a dusty place. Normal Smartphone stops working in these conditions. But, rugged phones won’t stop working under rain and dust places, such as construction sites and quarries. Here is the list of best rugged phones you buy right now.
The rugged phones are built with a very strong body, which can stand up to military needs. Rugged smartphones survive more in heavy dust, extreme water and drop situations. Here are few rugged phones which are currently available to buy right now, to fulfill those requirements. Most rugged phones are having old hardware specs and older version Android operating system. But, these rugged Smartphone’s are well suitable for business and enterprise customers.
- Also Read: Nokia and Carl Zeiss working together for Android Era, Nokia 8: high-end mobile from HMD Global will be launch on 31st July.
1. Caterpillar Cat S40:
Caterpillar Cat S40 rugged phone is the best option and cheapest device for who want to buy Caterpillar Device and the price is less than Caterpillar Cat S60. The Cat S40 has a 4.7-inch display with 540 X 963 screen resolution. Run on older Android 5.1 Lollipop OS.
Caterpillar Cat S40 specs:
- Powered by 1.1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 processor running at 1.1 GHz.
- 1 GB RAM and 16 GB onboard storage.
- 8 Mega pixel rear camera, and 2 MP front facing camera.
- 3,000 mAh battery gives long lasting battery backup.
- The Cat S40 is impervious to dust and is designed to survive falls up to 1.8 meters (about 6 feet).
- The waterproofing features are not strong; it can work under water up to 1 meter and 60 minutes.
- Caterpillar Cat S40 is currently priced at $329.99 at Amazon.
- This phone is limited to the GSM-based cell networks.
- 7-inch 540 x 960 display.
- Android 5.1 Lollipop.
- Dimensions are 144.9 x 74.08 x 12.45 mm, 185 g.
2. Ulefone Armor:
Ulefone Armor rugged phone priced less than all Caterpillar rugged Smartphones. The device has decent hardware for its price tag. It has a 4.7-inch screen with 1,280 x 720 screen resolution. Runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, powered by a 13.3 GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6753 processor, along with 3 GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage. Ulefone Armor priced at $219.99 on Amazon.
It also has a 13 MP rear camera, a 5 MP front-facing camera and a 3,500 mAh battery. In terms of how solid the phone is, the Ulefone Armor is supposed to match up to IP68 water proof standards. which means it should work in up to 1.2 meters in water for up to 30 minutes. In fact, the company claims its own tests show that the phone can go even deeper in water, up to 1.5 meters, and keep working for 30 minutes. The Ulefone Armor only works on GSM-based networks.
Honestly, despite being a brand not everyone will be familiar with, when it comes to specs and pricing, this is easily one of the best rugged phones on the list.
Ulefone Armor Specs:
- 7-inch display with 1,280 x 720 screen resolution.
- Runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS.
- Powered by MediaTek MT6753 processor, 1.3 GHz.
- 3 GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage, this can be expandable up to 128GB with a microSD card.
- 13 Mega Pixel front camera and 5 MP front camera.
- 3,500 mAh battery for long lasting performance.
- 152 x 81 x 17 mm dimensions and 250 g weight.
3. Caterpillar Cat S60:
The Caterpillar is well known for huge construction vehicles and machines, also they are makers of caterpillar rugged phones.
Caterpillar Cat S60 is the latest Rugged Smartphone from the company. Cat S60 has some great features which you won’t get on any other Rugged Smartphone. The main feature is FLIR thermal imaging camera.
Note: The FLIR thermal imaging camera is designed to show heat that radiates out from locations that are normally invisible to the naked eye.
The Caterpillar Cat S60 camera can be used by building inspectors to find any heat that’s being lost around windows and doors. It can also discover if an appliance like a washing mashing or oven is overheating. It can also find if any moisture is building up in a house where it is not supposed to be. It’s kind of like the Predator’s heat vision but in the real world. Caterpillar Cat S60 price is $625.99 on Amazon.
In terms of hardware specs, the Cat S60 has a 4.7-inch 1,280 x 720 display and Android 6.0 Marshmallow pre-installed. It has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 processor running at 1.5 GHz, along with 3 GB of RAM, 32 GB of storage, a standard 13 MP rear camera and a 5 MP front-facing camera. It also has a large 3,800 mAh battery.
Caterpillar Cat S60 Specs:
- 7-inch display and 1,280 x 720 screen resolution.
- Older Android 6.0 Marshmallow Operating System.
- Powered with 1.5 GHz, Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 processor.
- 3 GB RAM, and 32 GB internal storage, this can be expandable up to 128GB via microSD card.
- 13 MP FLIR thermal imaging front camera, and 5 MP front camera.
- 3,800 mAh long lasting battery.
- 9 x 73.4 x 12.66 mm dimensions and 223 g weight.
4. Kyocera Brigadier:
Caterpillar Cat S40, Cat S60, and Ulefone Armor cannot work on Verizon Wireless. Kyocera Brigadier rugged phone can work on Verizon’s network. This device is priced at $169.95 on Amazon. This phone is made by Kyocera Mobiles.
Kyocera Brigadier can work up to 30 minutes under 6 feet of water. It has IP68 certified against drops and dust. This device has built lacks quality and latest hardware. But it can compete with other rugged phones. The main feature of Kyocera Brigadier is it can work on Verizon’s network.
Kyocera Brigadier Specs:
- It comes with the 4.5-inch display.
- Runs older version of Android 4.4 KitKat Operating system.
- Powered by 1.4 GHz, Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor.
- 2 GB RAM and 16 GB of storage, it can be expandable up to 32GB using a microSD card.
- 8 Mega Pixel front camera, and 2 Mega Pixel front camera.
- 3,100 mAh long lasting battery.
- 69 x 0.52 x 5.37 inches dimensions, and 6.56 ounces weight.
5. Samsung Galaxy S7 Active for AT&T:
The major Smartphone maker in the world Samsung has released its rugged phone called Samsung Galaxy S7 Active. This device is exclusive for AT&T networks.
Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Active devices are having similar hardware specs. Both devices have 5.1-inch QHD Super AMOLED display with 2,560 x 1,440 screen resolution. Both are powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor along with 4 GB RAM, and either 32 GB or 64 GB of storage. Also, these devices having 12 MP rear camera and 5 MP front camera. The biggest differences between both devices are its battery capacities and The Galaxy S7 Active has physical hardware navigation buttons on the bottom. Regular Galaxy S7 doesn’t have physical navigation buttons.
The Galaxy S7 Active display is shatterproof up to a drop from 5 feet. It has Corning Gorilla Glass 4 for more protection. The S7 Active has a rubberized body, which makes bulky while compared to the regular Galaxy S7. The rubberized body gives more protection from accidental falls. Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7 Active priced at $444.95 on Amazon.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Active Specs:
- It has 5.1-inch with 2,560 x 1,440 screen resolution.
- Runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS, there an update to latest 7.0 Nougat.
- Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor.
- 4 GB RAM and 32 GB or 64 GB of storage options, which can be expandable up to 256GB using microSD card.
- There is a 12 MP front camera, and 5 MP front camera.
- 4,000 mAh long lasting battery.
- 8 x 75.0 x 9.9 mm dimension and 185 g weight.
5 Best rugged phones Available on Amazon:
Rugged phones having smaller Audience while comparing to other regular Smartphones. But we will surely see more rugged Smartphones in the market.
Thanks for reading, keep sharing. Follow us on Facebook for latest updates. Let us know your opinion in the comment section.